How To Check If A Company Is Registered In Nigeria – List Of Registered Companies In Nigeria-In Nigeria today There are many companies whose name are not are registered while others are registered. Our aim is to be able to make sure you know how to check if a company is registered in Nigeria. This page will guide all those who wants to venture into a business in Nigeria. It will also allow you to check for legally recognised business entities in the country.
There are many so many level of marketing businesses in Nigeria today. Many claim to be registered. While it is not in doubt, it is advisable to verify by yourself. The only way you can be sure is to know how to check if a company is registered in Nigeria. It is also helpful for you when you are looking for a name for your company. You can type in the name you have in mind to know if someone has already chosen the name.
Companies and business are registered in Nigeria under the Corporate Affairs Commission. This commission decided to make it easier to Nigerians and opened up a public portal where individuals can verify registered companies. This can be done from the comforts of your home. So, here is all you have to do.
- Log onto the companies’ verification portal: http://publicsearch.cac.gov.ng.
- When the portal opens, You will see an open space with the inscription “Search record by name”. Type in the name of the company you want to check.
- In the square box below with “I’m not a robot”, Click on it.
- Finally, click on “Search”.
- You will see the company’s details if it is registered. You will see the company’s name, RC Number, Address and Date of Registration. Once you see these, it means the company is registered.
Please Note: You will see other companies with similar names listed. But, the one you are looking for will be listed first. You may also see a company’s name but without location and RC Number. Under the RC Number, you will see “Not yet assigned”. Under the registration date, you will see “undergoing registration”.
Please drop your comment if any at the comment box